Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Creativity in Software Testing

Software testing is frequently - and fundamentally - a creative endeavour. That creativity is closer to that employed for mathematics and music than for statistical analysis or singing.

Although I've talked about this until I've bored all around me, I've never managed to write anything coherent on the subject. So I'm pleased that I came across Rikard Edgren's Where Testing Creativity Grows, as it is one of the very few papers I'm aware of that looks at this important, yet unaccountably neglected perspective.

You can find it here: http://qualtechconferences.arobis.com/upload/documents/REdgren_where_testing_creativity_grows.pdf

I encourage you to have a read. If you know of other papers on the subject, post them here.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment