Friday, May 25, 2007

Question: Does the test strategy vary?


My question is that does the test strategy vary for both software testing applications and mobile application testing.
Or is it the same followed for all.

And also the test plan and Test matrices are same for mobile application testing or not?


Every good software test strategy I've seen has been influenced by its context. I would expect the strategies to be different - and to reflect the difference between the two contexts you give.

The plan - the list of what happens when - follows from the strategy, inasmuch as the typical purpose of a strategy is to give structure to decisions about what to plan and how to plan.

I've no clear idea what you mean by a test matrix. If I can second-guess for a moment though, I would assume that a test matrix is some combination of individual tests. Different systems may well share a subset of tests. The difference would be in the importance of those tests, and how the information they produce is understood in the context of the project as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I know you posted this over a year ago, but I did like the "...typical purpose of a strategy is to give structure to decisions about what to plan and how to plan."

    Now on my RSS feed list.

    ReplyDelete